Here are 25 things you ought to aim to figure out how to do by age 25 — or at whatever point you get around to it
1. Negotiate a raise. Women — especially women of color — earn less than their male counterparts. If you don’t think you are being paid what you are worth, know how to ask for more.
2. Whip up a signature drink. Bee’s Knees, anyone?
3. Give unwelcome news with tact and compassion. There are times when brutal honesty is OK — and times when it is not. Learn the difference, and practice being an effective communicator.
4. Put together furniture. You’ll feel so proud every time you sit on that IKEA sofa that took you three hours, two beers and one private temper tantrum to assemble.
5. Read and think critically. Don’t believe everything you are told. Know how to read between the lines and analyze something for yourself, whether it’s the morning news or someone’s convoluted Facebook post.