For ages now, Oodua (
Yoruba) people are known to be rendering help to their people in their trying times. The fact can be established from the ancient history of the Oodua ( Yoruba) race where they helped a lot of people, supported a course in unison and ensured victory was achieved.
In the case of Omoyele Sowore, it is glaring that the Oodua (
Yoruba) race had successfully ignored the journalist and not ready to support him in any way. Obviously, there are reasons to everything, so there are reasons to this act from the Oodua ( Yoruba) race. Let’s check out a few reasons why the US-based Sowore has not received any good attention from the Oodua ( Yoruba) people:
1. He’s perceived to be arrogant: Sometimes in September 2018, a drama unfolded at the palace of Ooni of Ife which is one of the numerous reasons the Oodua (
Yoruba) people will never look at the side of the #RevolutionNow Convener. When he had gone to seek the Monarch’s moral support, Sowore was delayed for well over 3 hours before he could be attended to. Instead of him to exercise some patience and understand that the monarch could probably be attending to some urgent matters, he openly showed his annoyance. In protest of the delay, he refused to pay homage to the king. He refused to prostrate to the king. Prostrating to the king is a normal tradition that even the President must obey. But what does that say of a presidential aspirant? It shows how arrogant he is.
2. He has no godfather in the Oodua (
3. He competed against Buhari in the March 2019 presidential elections. However, not because he ran against Buhari but because he ran against a man who almost everyone in the SW endorsed for the presidential post. Buhari became a candidate of the Oodua (
Yoruba) because he chose a reputable Oodua ( Yoruba) man as his running mate.
4. He is seen as an ally of Nnamdi Kanu and the IPOB.
5. He didn’t consult top and influential Oodua (
Yoruba) men in the build-up to the 2019 elections.
6. He planned to destabilize the peace of the nation by staging unrest in top Oodua (
Yoruba) cities such as Lagos and Ondo States.
7. He seem not well grounded in the norms and tradition of Oodualand (
8. Oodua (
Yoruba) people are known to be respectful but Sowore seems not to be one. He has talked rudely to authorities and not felt remorseful about it for once.
9. He never accepted he was ever wrong.
10. He always believe that no Oodua (
Yoruba) elder is worth it. He believes they are all the same.
11 When he was about to set out for the Presidential aspiration, Sowore shunned so many people’s advice, thinking he could achieve it with the youths alone.
Extra 1: It was gathered that Sowore mismanaged and embezzled campaign funds meant for his political party, AAC and then was suspended from office as the chairman of the party. The same Sowore that campaigned heavily against the incumbent government for their anti-corruption crusade.