Beware of sensationalism clickbaiting and crazy rumors: Beirut was NOT a nuclear explosion.
However, considering how huge this explosion was, I feel that I ought to post these few reminders:
- It is quite impossible to conceal the use of a nuclear device, even a low-yield one, in particular in a densely populated area and in a warzone.
- Most (all?) major explosions produce a “nuclear mushroom” simply because the air rushes back into the place from where it expelled by the explosion.
- You can clearly see two colors in the explosion, which points to a chemical, not nuclear, event.
- There is a complete absence of any nuclear flash and fireball.
- In the case of the Beirut explosion, you can clearly see in the footage that there is/are a (few) primary explosion(s) and a much bigger secondary explosion. You don’t see that with nukes. See for yourself: