- CBN will change the current ₦200, ₦500 and ₦1,000 currency denominations to a new currency.
- Everyone should start paying the old currency notes into the bank effective immediately.
- The new currency notes will go into circulation on December 15th, 2022.
- Collection of the old notes will stop on January 31st, 2023.
- The old notes would stop being a legal tender by January 31st, 2023.
- Banks are advised to keep all their deposit centres open from Monday to Saturday going forward for collections
Tagged with: naija gist