President Jonathan is also not charismatic. Neither is he an orator. The most charismatic person who has been at the head of our government was Gen. Yakubu Gowon.
The best speaker was Alhaji Tafawa Balewa. While the most forceful, visionary and focused was Gen. Ibrahim Babangida. The most transparent was Alhaji Umaru Yar’adua; but he was no saint.
All our former leaders have their weaknesses and strengths. Let me appraise each of them:
1. Alhaji Tafawa Balewa: Modest, Educated, Educator, Orator, Honest, Selfless, Weak, Visionless;
2. Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi: Disciplined, Nationalistic, Patriotic, Indecisive, Visionless, Naive;
3. Gen. Yakubu Gowon: Charismatic, Suave, Urbane, Nationalistic, Patriotic, Naive, Visionless, Vain;
4. Gen. Murtala Mohammed: Disciplined, Spartan, Ambitious, Dictatorial, Domineering, Sadistic (read Asaba Genocide);
5. Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo: Cowardly, Fearful, Dour, Indisciplined;
6. Alhaji Shehu Shagari: Not Greedy, Honest, Dour, Uncharismatic, Dull, Visionless, Weak, Gullible.
7. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari: Disciplined, Strong-willed, Visionless, Dour, Dull, Uncharismatic, Sadistic, Sectionalist, Islamist.
8. Gen. Ibrahim Babangida: Strong-willed, Visionary, Focused, Wily, Cunny, Wicked, Greedy, Corrupt, Corrupting, Inordinately Ambitious, Untrustworthy, Selfish, Kleptomanic, Islamist.
9. Chief Ernest Shonekan: Well educated, Intelligent, Uncharismatic, Weak, Visionless.
10. Gen. Sani Abacha: Strong-willed, Dour, Visionless, Sadistic, Kleptomanic, Greedy, Selfish, Wicked.
11. Gen. Abdulsalam Abubakar: Calm, Wily, Greedy, Dour, Visionless, Weak, Kleptomanic.
12. Chief Olusegun Obasanjo: Strong-willed, Stubborn, Selfish, Arrogant, Bully, Domineering, Controlling, Nationalistic, Non-tribalist, Greedy, Kleptomanic, Hypocritical, Egomanic, Promiscuous.
13. Alhaji Umaru Yar’adua: Educated, Educator, Humble, Transparent, Visionary, Focused, Slow, Tribalistic.
14. Dr. Goodluck Jonathan: Highly Educated, Educator, Humble, Meek, Mild, Tolerant, Calm, Visionary, Nationalistic, Patriotic, Calculative, Sly, Naive, Weak, Poor Communicator, Appeaser.
Q: Considering all factors, who then is the best President or Head of State that Nigeria has ever had in my opinion?
A: DR. GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN, PH.D, GCFR.
Nigeria di fure!