Russian Defense Ministry stated that NATO claims of Russian military convoys crossing the border with Ukraine are false.
NATO allegations of Russian military convoys crossing the border with Ukraine are completely untrue, the Russian Defense Ministry said Wednesday. Defense Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said the rumors of alleged Russian military presence in Ukraine
“are not backed by any facts.” “We have already stopped paying attention to these baseless allegations,” he said.
On Wednesday morning, NATO said it’d observed columns of Russian tanks, artillery and combat troops entering Ukraine in the last two days, whilst the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) on Tuesday said it’d seen a convoy of 43 unmarked military trucks moving toward eastern Ukraine. However, both organizations failed presenting any facts to guide the claim.
While the Ukrainian crisis has escalated, relations between Russia and NATO have deteriorated. The alliance has repeatedly accused Russia of meddling in Ukraine’s internal affairs, sending troops to Ukraine, and went so far as to declare that Moscow planned to invade Ukraine.
Russia has repeatedly denied such allegations, stating that it’s not a party to the Ukrainian internal conflict and has stated that all the country’s actions are in accordance with international law.