Many people are allergic to urushiol, the oil that poison ivy plants produce. When their skin comes into contact with poison ivy, they may develop the characteristic rash as an allergic reaction.
A poison ivy rash can cause redness, irritation, and severe itching. A study from 1995 found that ulo clay can treat poison ivy rash and speed up healing following an allergic reaction.
How to use
Wash the skin with soap and water as soon as possible after touching poison ivy. Use dish soap or a soap designed to remove oils to help remove the urushiol from the skin.
Mix ulo clay with water to form a paste and apply it to the affected area. Cover with a clean bandage or gauze pad. Repeat several times per day until the rash is gone.