Home / News From Nigeria / Local News / Dowen college: No arrest made yet, Lagos CP orders probe into Sylvester’s death
dowen college

Dowen college: No arrest made yet, Lagos CP orders probe into Sylvester’s death

No arrest has been made in connection with the gruesome death of 12-year-old Sylvester Oromoni, who was a boarding student of Dowen College, Lekki, Lagos.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the father of the deceased student alleged that the Junior Secondary School 2 pupil died from the injuries he sustained during an assault by colleagues who wanted to initiate him into cultism but the school claimed he died after sustaining an injury during a football match.

The father of the deceased student, Sylvester Oromoni Snr, however, disagreed with the school authorities and fingered five boys whom he said were allegedly involved in the bullying of his son.

The father also said the teachers, security men, and other officials of the school must explain the death of his son, whose birthday is December 4 (Saturday).

The Lagos State Government on Friday ordered the indefinite closure of the school, pending the outcome of an investigation into the death of Sylvester.

When asked on Friday whether any suspect has been arrested, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Adekunle Ajisebutu, told our correspondent that he was not aware of any arrest.

“I am not aware but I am aware that the CP (Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu) has ordered immediate investigation into the incident even though it was not reported to the police,” the PPRO said.

Sylvester’s is one of the disheartening deaths resulting from bullying and molestations in boarding secondary schools of late.

Karen-Happuch Akpagher of Premiere Academy, Lugbe, Abuja, had died of sexual molestation in June 2021 while Don Davies of Deeper Life High School, Uyo, had also narrowly escaped death in December 2020, when his mother raised the alarm of alleged sodomy of her emaciated son.

Send Money To Nigeria Free

About Lolade

x

Check Also

defense

Troops kill 62 terrorists, 192 terrorists surrender in two weeks – Defence Headquarters

The Defence Headquarters has announced that 62 bandits in the Northwest and North Central geo-political zones were killed by troops in the last two weeks.  Acting Director, Defence Media Operations, Brigadier-Geneneral Bernard Onyeuko who gave an update on military operations between November 25 and December 9, said 192 terrorists, including children, also surrendered in the two regions within the period. The 192 people who surrendered were mostly relatives of the terrorists and they include 51 adult males, 67 adult females and ...